News & Calendar
The Illinois Mastiff Rescue Picnic
The 3rd Annual Slinger Soirée was a blast! It was a full afternoon: grilled burgers and delicious potluck salads and desserts (thank you to all who contributed!); a complimentary tasting of Tito's Vodka, only for the over 21 of course; the ever hilarious and highly competitive rescue dog show; and a very animated raffle and live auction including some intense bidding wars and lots of laughter. The dogs and children were all delightful and well-behaved. Could the weather have been any better? Check out the pictures: 3rd Annual Slinger Soirée & please join us next year!
Big hugs of appreciation to our sponsors. Their generous donations to our raffle and auction not only made for a lively afternoon, but we were able to raise over $2,000 which will provide much needed medical care to our beloved gentle giants!
Beautiful Jewelry Saves Homeless Mastiffs
Purchase beautiful, handmade, unique Apparent Project
jewelry and help GLMR save homeless mastiffs while also helping a needy Haitian
family. The Apparent Project in Port Au Prince, Haiti employs and trains Haitian
families that are at risk of
relinquishing their children to orphanages or to the streets due to extreme
poverty. The proceeds from the jewelry they make help them feed and support
their family. Each one of a kind piece
is handmade of all up-cycled materials and comes with a bio of the Haitian
artisan who made it.
60% of all proceeds go directly to GLMR. The other 40% go to the Apparent Project
artisans in Haiti. To read more about
the Apparent Project and the life changing work they are doing, please go to www.apparentproject.org. For pictures and pricing see ./Fundraising/Great Lakes Mastiff Rescue Apparent Project Jewelry Fundraiser.pdf
Order today from our "Donate" page from the tab above at the far right! Fill in the amount of your purchase under "Other" (make sure you use only digits, no dollar sign) and designate under "Comments" whether you are ordering a bracelet, necklace, earrings, or a set.
The fundraiser for Jasmine was so successful (she's walking again!) that we are reaching out to you once again. Our darling puppy, Major, will soon go blind without cataract surgery. See his story on our Dog of the Month link to the left.
Great Lakes Mastiff Rescue ("GLMR") has been helping pure-bred Mastiffs and their families since 2004. We serve the states of Illinois, Indiana, Michigan, Ohio, Wisconsin and Western Pennsylvania. Made up of over 100 volunteers across the region, GLMR has rehomed hundreds of Mastiffs since its inception. We offer adoptive families a support network to ease the transition of the Mastiff into its forever home. GLMR has also counseled many families to provide support, encouragement and training advice to help keep Mastiffs in their homes. The care we provide our Mastiffs includes a high quality diet, the best veterinary care, and behavioral evaluations of the highest quality.
every Mastiff Lover knows, giant dogs come with giant expenses. This is
especially true in rescue where so many dogs come to us in dire need of medical care. Just last year we spent $45,000 for medical treatment including $10,000 for heartworm treatment, $19,000 for reconstructive knee surgeries and $16,000 for routine veterinary care. We are
blessed to be funded almost exclusively by your generous donations, which are critical
to helping us cover the
and the costs associated with keeping these dogs in rescue until they are
adopted into their forever homes. Thank you!
Since we are a 501(3)c tax exempt charitable organization, your tax deductible donation can be made through PayPal from the Donate link on this page or can be mailed to us at: Great Lakes Mastiff Rescue, PO Box 47256, Chicago, IL 60647. (Please note that our address has recently changed!)